abby kasonik

2.19.2020

Winter's End (please please please)

We picked our first daffodils yesterday.  

At Winter’s beginning I am always grateful for the break in weeding, watering and tending of the garden, and in February, I am reliably OVER the whole Winter experience.  These last weeks have been mostly gray, with more than our share of rain, and I am looking forward to the blooming of the Maple trees, the noises of excited birds, and the relaxing of the ground into warmer temperatures.  


My painting this past week has been a bit gray and moody too, and so today, I’m determined to find for something moving in the landscape. This morning I reviewed some old painting favorites, and think I will start on something based on these.  

Something with a moon maybe, but almost certainly a bridge. 



(whistler, blue and gold)

(hiroshige, sudden shower at ohashi bridge) 
  
(whistler, nocturne in black and gold) 
  (kasonik ((thats me)), untitled bridge)